Occasionally when reviewing an investment we may conclude that a detailed investment review is required.
A detailed investment review covers the same areas as our [standard] investment review (although it does look at some extra aspects such as a sense check of any financial projections) but with further verification, especially with respect to the legal structure and the parties involved.
Findings that may lead us to conclude that a detailed investment review is required include:
- substantial discrepancies or contradictions in the literature provided (especially the legal contracts)
- a lack of clarity over the regulatory status of the investment
- concerns over whether any promotion restrictions apply to the investment
- a lack of clarity over what the investor will actually own
- uncertainty over the legal structures being employed, or
- uncertainty over the parties involved
Subscribers can request that a detailed investment review is carried out should they prefer to rely on this. We will forward this request to the investment provider who may refuse or comply at their discretion.